The Bajada Brothers -
Styles: Jiushin Ryu Jujutsu (Jiu-
• Renshi Jujutsu, Shihan Jujutsu, Renshi Iaido -
• Rokudan (6th degree black belt) Jujutsu, Yondan Iaido -
• Hiroyuki Tesshin Hamada Hanshi -
• Allan Tattersall Hanshi -
• Various Japanese masters of gendai (modern) and koryu (old school) arts in Japan (Kyoto Butokuden and Kyoto Budo Centre), USA and Europe
• Various instructors worldwide of the different arts and styles: jujutsu, judo, karate, iaido, kenjutsu, kendo, aiki and kickboxing.
Performed (trained, demonstrated or taught) on several occasions in: Kyoto -
Official Representatives: Dai Nippon Butoku Kai, Japan (DNBK).
Head Instructors and Directors: Jiushin Kan Malta.
• Started training at the ages of 4 and 5 years at a local club
• Started teaching at the ages of 12 and 13 years
• Got their first private dojo at the ages of 13 and 14 years
• Opened their dojo, the Jiushin Kan, at the ages of 16 and 17 years
• The first martial artists in the Maltese islands who have trained in authentic koryu
• Introduced iaido in Malta
• Their dojo and jujutsu system were named in Kyoto, Japan, by Tesshin Hamada Hanshi of the DNBK as “Jiushin Kan” and “Jiushin Ryu” respectively, meaning “hall/school of the true ideals of yawara (jujutsu)”.
Some of the other styles and teachers they trained in/with:
• Shibukawa Ichi Ryu Jujutsu -
• Shingetsu Muso Yanagi Ryu Jujutsu -
• Shinden Ryu Jujutsu -
• Yagyu Shingan Ryu Jujutsu
• Araki Ryu Jujutsu
• Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu -
• Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido -
• Kendo -
• Takemusu Aiki -
• Shito Ryu Karatedo -
Notable names demonstrated in front of:
• Her Imperial Highness Princess Akiko of Mikasa
• His Royal Highness Prince Higashi Fushimi Jigo, Chief Abbot of Shorenin Temple (one of the five monzeki imperial temples), brother to Empress Kotaigo of Emperor Hirohito of Japan
• Higashifushimi Jiko of Shorenin Temple, Cousin to Emperor Akihito of Japan.
Awards: Multiple Yushu Sho (outstanding excellence award), Dantai Yushu Sho (team outstanding excellence award) and Shorei Sho (commending award) by the DNBK of Japan
Competitions (childhood to early teens):
• Winners of many national and international competitions, most notably at the British Ju-
• Competitions at that time consisted of: self-
• The brothers' success can be accredited to the constant guidance of their father, Raymond Bajada.